Wednesday 11 February 2015

Valentine's Day Lips

Valentine's day is coming up soon and I thought of what Valentine's day related post I could do. I decided to do a post about one of my favourite lipsticks. Because I think Valentine's day is the perfect opportunity to wear a little bit braver lip colour, for example red. Red lipstick is in my opinion a great choice for this day because it's everything for Valentine's day related pretty much red or pink?! I know there will be a lot of posts and make-up tutorials where bloggers and youtubers will talk about a red lipstick but I still wanted to do this post because it is a great idea to wear red lips on Valentine's day and because the lipstick I will be talking about is one of my favourites in general. And for those who are not as brave or don't like red lipstick I also have a alternative less eye-catching lipstick.

The red lipstick I will wear on Valentine's day is Mäc's Lustre Lady Bug, my favourite red lipstick in general. Although it's red I think it's not as bold as other red lipsticks and it works for any situation. When I'm wearing this lipstick my lips always look nice and glossy but not as if they were sticky. It's really long-lasting even if you would eat or drink something and doesn't dry out my lips at all. My lips feel smooth and moisturised and you don't even realise you're wearing a lipstick it's so lightweight. What I love the most at this lipstick is the scent. That might sound strange but it has a really nice mild and not at all bothering smell. The colour is a nice reddish orange, I know on the pictures it looks more like a classic red but on the lips it's slightly orangey. I think you can wear it to any event and combine it with nearly everything. In my opinion a stable lipstick colour with great quality and totally worth spending a little bit more money on.




The second lipstick I can recommend is a Pure Color Crystal Lipstick by Estée Lauder. To be precise Estée Lauder's Crystal Bronze. It's a beautiful, richly pigmented nude lipstick. Now, in my opinion it's a special nude lipstick because I think this lipstick is a bit bolder than other nude lipsticks, that's why I love it so much. The colour is a nice bronzy, shimmery colour. It has a creamy and almost weightless consistency. What I think is very important, is that you don't have to put a hundred layers on your lips to see the colour. With this lipstick on layer is totally enough at it will stay on your lips for the next few hours. Also a great plus is that it keeps my lips hydrated, similar to a lip butter.  In my opinion again a stable and if you don't know which colour to chose, take this one it will always look good and suit your outfit. And also like the Mäc lipstick I love the scent. I must say a couple of weeks ago I always look at the colour of the lipstick and when I liked it I bought it. But since I own these two lipsticks I always check the smell before paying it....!! (Oh I forgot to say, that on the picture with the lipstick, the colour looks much darker than it actually is. In reality the colour looks like on my hand.)



1. Crystal Bronze by Estée Lauder
2. Lady Bug by Mäc

Wishing you a happy Valentine's day!!
xxx

P.S: 
You can also do a nice Valentine's make-up just for yourself even if your just staying at home. Because you anyway should wear make-up for yourself and do it because you enjoy it and not to be liked by others. That's my opinion :-)





4 comments :

  1. I really like the review! and nice blog :)
    Joey
    https://northernmagpie.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much leaving a comment!! Your blog is gorgeous too. xxx

      Delete
  2. Great post and great blog, you've got a new reader! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thanks it really means a lot to me!! And by the way your blog is great too, definitely gonna subscribe...xoxo

      Delete